The NextGen Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, has partnered with two local partners to support children in the community. Supporting the community of Sarasota is very important to the NextGen mission.
The support will begin on December 12th with a donation drive. NextGen athletes and their families will participate by donating several approved items, dropped off at a central location. Once the donation window closes, the NextGen staff and team captain’s will deliver the items to the offices of the non-profit partners.
ABOUT SAFE CHILDREN’S COALITION
The Safe Children Coalition, Inc. is a non-profit Community-Based Care provider of education, prevention, diversion, and child welfare services including adoption and foster care. Their Mission is to be a community coalition blending available resources to support, advocate, grow and educate the children and families we serve. They have been serving the community since 1999.
For more information, visit their website at https://sccfl.org
ABOUT ALL FAITHS FOOD BANK
All Faiths Food Bank is the only food bank and largest hunger relief organization in Sarasota and DeSoto counties. The Food Bank was founded in 1989 by a group of individuals who, through their respective organizations, were feeding the hungry. They combined efforts to incorporate as All Faiths Food Bank, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All Faiths has been a Certified Member of the Feeding America network since 1990.
For more information, visit their website at https://www.allfaithsfoodbank.org/
WANT TO PARTICIPATE?
This is open to anyone who would like to participate!
- When: Saturday December 12th, 1-3PM
- Where: Football Club Fields, 5227 Richardson Road, Sarasota 34232
- What to Bring: donate canned food, unwrapped children’s toys (< $15) or children’s pajamas.
- How it Works: Between 1-3PM, feel free to stop by with any of the approved donated items. Our staff will be there to greet you and load your items into a rental truck for delivery.
- Is participation required? It is not required
- What if I can’t make it? No problem! If you still wish to donate, you may do so by giving your donated items to a coach at training anytime before December 10th.