Next Generation Soccer Academy’s success has earned them a promotion into the NPL and FCL 1! In just its first year, NextGen has produced results across leagues and tournaments, earning several teams top 20 state rankings. This promotion further validates the culture and mission; to be the best youth soccer club in the country.
THE NATIONAL PREMIER LEAGUES (NPL) IS A NATIONAL COMPETITION PLATFORM
NPL and FCL 1 were created to elevate and change the competitive youth soccer landscape by:
- Extending developmental principles espoused by U.S. Soccer into more age groups and clubs
- Linking competition with player development and identification platforms
- Providing meaningful weekly competition culminating in a national postseason
NPL’s ARE LEAGUES IS BASED ON A COMMON TECHNICAL FRAMEWORK
More specifically, the NPL provides a platform:
- Focused on long-term player development
- For the country’s top soccer clubs, allowing consistent, meaningful high-level games appropriately scheduled with higher training-to-game ratios and eliminate calendar congestion
- Integrated with the id² Program, which includes Player Development Programs (PDPs) in select local markets, and that works closely with U.S. Soccer staff regarding player identification, and player and coach development
- designed and structured by the clubs, based on the needs of the clubs that provides an avenue for qualification for the Girls NPL Finals and US Club Soccer Boys National Championship
THE FUTURE FOR NEXTGEN COACHES AND ATHLETES
This really is an exciting step for NextGen.